Monday, March 2, 2009

Habla Espanol...if not you better learn!

I used to handle Procter & Gamble as a client when I worked at Maersk. They say that the average household uses 8 P&G products each day. Not familiar with them, let me give you a few


That was
over 4 years ago and I remember talking with them about their advertising shift to appeal to Hispanics, preparing for their rapid population growth. I have seen this in the past 2 years at the Dream Center with the growth in latinos that come to the Food Bank and live in the area. Tonight, I saw it hit the nightly news. Some interesting facts:

  • 50.5% of the Population Growth in the U.S. is Hispanic (this means 1 out of every 2 people added to the population are latino)
  • 48% of a local elementary school in North Charleston (Midland Park) is Hispanic
  • Midland Park has seen their Hispanic Population in their school grow from 5% of the total students to almost 50% in the last 10 years
This is exciting when you know that we are starting a service this Easter that is 100% in Spanish!!! I can see where God is preparing us for this growth and my prayer is that He will intertwine our hearts.

If you're interested in the stories on NBC, here's the sites:

www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3032619/#29472239
www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3032619/#29466839

No comments: