Wednesday, August 13, 2008

A Funk

Do you ever find yourself in a funk? A self-imposed and single attended pity party? Start to ask whether what you do makes a difference?

I've had a couple days like this and I am not saying this for you to jump on board and throw on the encouragement. I am writing this just to be real with those that have stumbled across my blog or in some odd way find amusement in the day-to-day activity of what I consider to be a pretty 'normal' life. I think a lot of it stems from the fact that I went from full steam ahead with Open House and 50-60 kids/week at the Dream Center to a pause in between closing that down and starting back at the schools volunteering. Oddly enough...I miss the kids from the neighborhood and gain fulfillment in giving time to spend with them.

How do I handle funks? I use humor. It is my answer to everything!

Bad day....laugh
Good day...laugh
Bills to pay...laugh
Hit the lottery...laugh
Fall off a ladder...laugh harder!

I know my friends that are teachers will berate me for saying this, but I am ready for school to start so I can see some of our kids again!

3 comments:

Super Rog said...

Wanna laugh: read this story:
SC bear back at animal refuge after 'cubnapping'

WELLFORD, S.C. - A stolen bear cub is back with his brother at a South Carolina animal park after being snatched and put on display at a truck stop.




The Herald-Journal of Spartanburg reports that 31-year-old John Chadwick Montgomery was charged Tuesday with third-degree burglary and grand larceny.

Authorities say Montgomery took the 7-month-old cub from the Hollywild Animal Park on Saturday night. Workers say he planned to take a monkey but opted for the bear after another monkey attacked him.

Montgomery took the bear to a truck stop and charged people $1 each to pet the animal. The bear was returned to the park unharmed.

Jail officials said they did not know if Montgomery had an attorney. Records show he was in custody Wednesday morning.

Super Rog said...

but seriously though:

If I say, "Surely the darkness will hide me and the light become night around me," even the darkness will not be dark to you;
the night will shine like the day,
for darkness is as light to you.

Ps 139: 11-12

G-Metal, Coco, Angel Face and Bunny said...

Thanks for the comment- I do agree, if people took pictures of me all day- they'd get a broader range than what Judah had. Ha... I'm sorry you're in a funk. :( Humor goes a long way though- that's for sure!! I hope today is an awesome day for you!
See you on Sunday!