Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Hanging Out with Uncle Sam on Tax Day


For the past couple of months, I have driven by two people that have been faithfully waving and trying to attract potential customers for a tax agency on Remount Road. It is about 4 blocks down from the church, so I have grown accustomed to seeing them down there and it brings a smile when I ride by on the way to the school for tutoring.


Well...what I didn't realize until a couple weeks ago was that both Uncle Sam and the Statue of Liberty attend Seacoast North Charleston. This made me smile even bigger and I would like to introduce you to Scott (that is Uncle Sam's real name). I actually first met Scott and his family at the Christmas Store Day in the jump castle. He was the only other adult that would get in there and act silly with the kids, which his nephew was among.

As I sent off our IRS Form 1040, I was saddened by the fact that Scott, whoops Uncle Sam, won't be out to greet the passer-bys on Remount now. It is a friendly wave in a pretty unfriendly area.

Please join me in praying that Scott will find another job that will provide some regular income and that he will continue to grow closer to God.

No comments: